Greetings and Happy Holidays
We hope you are safely enjoying the Christmas holidays, wherever you are….
I’ve recently realized that I cannot for the life of me make a ribbon bow.. I tried and tried and I just can’t. My last attempt practically left me in tears as it was for a wedding cake, I had to improvise and it came out beautifully.
Good news is….I love making Surgarbows, here is a really quick tutorial of how to make one…
- Modelling paste (colour of your choice)
- Small rolling pin
- Cutting wheel
- Small paint brush and water
- Use a colour modelling paste of your choice, roll your paste thin. Using your cutting wheel cut a rectangular shape out depending on the size of bow you want to make.
- Turn over paste on the opposite side and tuck the edge in.
- Flip your paste back over and starting at the edge, start to gather the paste inwards to create small ruffles.
- Tuck the last ruffle under so it’s neat and tidy
- Pinch both the tops and middle of bow
- Flip your paste over, so the edges that are tucked under are now on top, with a wet paintbrush, wet the middle of the bow that is pinched and fold in one of the corners to meet in the wet middle
- Wet the centre again and fold in the other corner of the bow
To make bow centre
- Roll out the same colour modelling paste and cut out a small square
- Repeat step 2
- Pinch both edges. Wet both edges and fold around your bow centre and secure.